March 26, 2021
Fall 2021: Full-Time In-Person School at Bertschi
Our Plans for the 2021-22 School Year
Below are some key elements of our initial planning for Fall 2021. We are hopeful that by the fall there will be more “normalcy.” But, as we have learned over the past year, we must all remain flexible. Our initial plans rely on the most current local guidance around health and safety for schools. We are sharing these plans now so that you know that we are spending significant time to ensure a smooth and predictable start for next school year. However, as committed and optimistic as we are at this time, some of these plans could change depending on several factors including our area’s transmission and vaccination rates as well as guidelines in place for schools by September 2021.
The first day of school will be Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
- If you have an incoming Pre-k or Kindergarten student, those grades begin the year gradually with open house and/or half days.
School will be offered 5 days per week with all grades in person.
- Satellite space might still be needed based on distancing guidelines.
- Extended Day will be offered until 6:00 PM for PK-5th grade following the safety guidelines present at that time.
- We are considering whether we will offer a distance learning option for students who need to learn at home for family medical reasons.
- Health and safety protocols will be in place on campus as needed based on the guidelines present at that time.
- We will be prepared and ready to support all students from an academic and social-emotional point of view.
Whatever the fall holds, Bertschi School will continue its commitment to meeting students and families where they are socially, emotionally, and academically. After a summer of renewal and rest for our faculty, we will return in the fall with renewed energy and enthusiasm for a year that will most certainly be less disruptive and unpredictable as the one we are currently experiencing. As our students become comfortable once again with the rhythm of full-time school, we will continue to meet each individual child in their “just right” learning place. Our faculty will work in partnership with families to ensure that every student is making appropriate academic progress. And, we will reconnect with the rituals and routines that are grounded in place and community.